Digital marketing transformation sounds so powerful. What is it actually about?
Digital transformation begins with digital information – that is, data. This data allows brands to get to know their customers with the goal of providing them with relevant and personalized digital engagements.
But for many marketers, using digital information to create a relevant and helpful experience across the customer journey remains a goal to achieve.
When you stop playing guess, you start paying less
Without data, brands are playing guesswork trying to figure out what their audiences need.
With data-driven marketing, you can know your audience better and create engagement at every step of the customer journey – especially if you use automation to improve performance.
If you need data to back that up, bare in mind that the mere 2% of marketers who rely on data have cut their costs by 30% and increased their income by 20% thanks to insight into data.
If more marketers want to reap the benefits of data-driven marketing, they will have to start implementing the principles guiding the digital transformation.
Let’s learn more about them.
Principle 1: Targeting the right target group
It’s easy to understand why targeting the right product to the right person so important. A survey showed that more than 40% of respondents prefer seeing ads directed toward their interests to those for random products and services.
However, the hard part for the marketers is organizing the data sources that help them identify, understand and engage their potential customers.
These are the questions brands should be asking themselves:
- Are your online and offline customer data compiles, enabling you to see a unified view of your customers cross-channel?
- Can you unify all available data in one tool, allowing you to segment customers and understand their motivations and decision-making path?
- Do you have a defined targeting strategy to reach potential customers at all points of the marketing funnel and across all relevant platforms?
Principle 2: Is this the best experience your customers can get?
Identifying your audience is one thing, but once you’ve found them, the most important job you have is to deliver compelling customer experience.
The challenge is then to engage customers across all the active marketing and sales channels.
The questions that need to be answered are:
- Have you removed all the friction points in the customer journey?
- Are you combining digital information with customer signals?
Principle 3: Use automation to add power and speed
Automation is the secret ingredient of some of the most successful marketing strategies today. It can boost sales productivity by 14.5% on average! With increased productivity and reduced human errors, the average costs for the same work are a lot smaller.
The questions you should ask yourself to check how you stand with automation are:
- Are you successfully sifting through the piles of data digital marketing is producing?
- What do you do after a lead comes to your website?
- Would you like to save time – and money at the same time?
Start reading into data
Has your company embraced data collection? Brands that evolve with technology will lead the marketing scene of the future because they will be able to create products their customers will love, based on evidence gathered from the customers – data.
Still haven't found the perfect travel agency software?
You're only one click away!