We’re looking for a DevOps engineer whose knowledge of infrastructure and process automatization will ensure smoothness and efficiency necessary for developing and operating a complex SaaS product.
If you are a DevOps engineer aspiring to make an impact in a very complex and enterprise-grade system, this might be an interesting opportunity for you.
Who are we?
We are Lemax, a team of 90+ ambitious experts building one cloud-based SaaS B2B core solution for travel agencies and tour operators. Our team has already released some unique functionalities that none of our competitors have and we’ve got many ideas in store to take it to the next level.
Our ambition is to become the leading travel software on the global level in the next 5 years and digitally transform the travel industry. We have a clear strategy on how to advance our product to support that goal, and it includes an entire technological transformation:
- Rewriting a monolithic application developed in .NET and #C to make it more modular (microservices)
- Rewriting the code using the latest standards and best practices (migrating from .NET to .NET Core)
- Redesigning the UI
Check out these interviews with our tech leaders to get a better picture of what impact this will have on our Engineering team and their careers >>
1 – How to ‘upgrade’ an entire technology platform: Analysis, architecture and communication
2 – Scaling digital products is an expensive process if done too late or too early: When is the right time?
What are you going to do?
As a DevOps engineer at Lemax, you will be in charge of building and maintaining infrastructure and process automatization with an opportunity to make an impact in a very complex and enterprise-grade system! You will be:
- Designing and implementing CI / CD and containerization tools
- Designing and implementing automated installations of servers / applications / services
- Designing and implementing automating backup and restore solutions
- Designing and implementing alerting and notification tools and services
- Designing and implementing monitoring metrics
- Designing and implementing performance tracking and reporting mechanisms and procedures
- Defining and implementing authorization and authentication mechanisms on all used infrastructure components
- Designing systems to be compliant with prescribed security standards
- Developing automation scripts to handle and track incidents
- Simulating attacks on the systems to find exploitable weaknesses
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for an experienced DevOps engineer who has the following skills and experiences:
- Experience with versioning and CI/CD tools (TFS, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory)
- Experience with configuration management solutions (Ansible, Terraform, Consul, Vault)
- Experience with containers and orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, OpenShift)
- Experience with logging, monitoring, and alerting systems (New Relic, Zabbix, Redgate, UptimeRobot, OpsGenie, Elastic stack, Graylog)
- Proficiency in at least 1 scripting language (Python, Bash, Ruby, PowerShell)
- Coding skills in modern programming languages (C#, Java)
- Experience with MS Windows operating system
- Experience with public and private cloud providers (AWS, MS Azure)
- Knowledge of relational databases (MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Some experience with tools for automatic software testing (Selenium, Ranorex, Appium)
- Experience with Linux operating system (CentOS/RedHat, Ubuntu)
- Experience implementing Backup policies and solutions (Veeam)
- Experience with web hosting solutions (Plesk)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Experience with the setup of queueing systems (RabbitMQ)
- Knowledge of load balancing and API gateway solutions (pfSense, NGINX)
- Knowledge on security standards, concepts, and intrusion detection systems (HTTPS, TLS, PCI DSS, AD, LDAP, ADFS, Suricata, Snort)
- Knowledge of computer networks
What can you expect at Lemax?
- You will have a vast transformational impact on our business as you automate and accelerate our development and refactoring processes
- You will be encouraged to invest in your professional development, attend conferences and meetups, and get certified
- It’s worthy of mention that our top management has a background in IT, so you can be sure that the main decision-makers will speak your language and understand the importance of your initiatives
- Perhaps you’d also be interested to hear that there are 30+ professionals in our R&D department and we are rapidly growing in size
- We have a really positive and casual work atmosphere and plenty of benefits & perks we don’t like to brag about because we realize they’re nice to have, but they won’t necessarily make you leave or stay. If we meet in person, we’ll tell you more about them. In the meantime, take a peek at >> Life at Lemax
If you’re at all worried about the impact of COVID-19 on our business, check our CEO’s blog post explaining exactly how bright is the future of tourism – and Lemax.
How to apply?
If you want to join our Engineering team and use your expertise to help us grow, please send us your CV via the submission form (Apply for this job button below). We will process your application as soon as it arrives. Otherwise, if you’re not sure or would like to learn more about your future life as a DevOps Engineer at Lemax, feel free to send a message to our Engineering Heads email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Zagreb or Osijek.