Lemax is a profitable, fast-growing software company located in Zagreb, with a client base all over the globe. Our product is a core business solution for some of the world’s largest travel agencies and tour operators.
More than 120 clients from all continents have grown their travel businesses with our solution, and they continue to renew their SaaS licenses every year.
We are looking for an experienced finance & accounting manager for the position of Head of Finance and Accounting to shape the business policy of our company regarding all financial and accounting matters and thus support our organization’s global expansion.
What will you do?
- You will be responsible for planning, organizing, optimizing, and leading the Finance & Accounting department
- Prepare budget and forecasts and report variances
- Prepare monthly management reporting
- Prepare and maintain cash flow forecast
- Prepare and execute day to day payments, both in domestic and international currencies
- Cooperate with various financial institutions
- Cooperate with consultants to support application to various EU projects
- Supervise daily operations of the Finance&Accounting department
- Coordinate preparation of statutory reports
- Coordinate preparation of reports for statistical purposes
- Resolve complex accounting and tax-related issues
- Ensure compliance with all local tax and legal requirements
- Continuously improve internal processes, metrics, and reporting
Who are we looking for?
Professional qualifications and experience:
- BA or BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- 10+ years of experience in finance and accounting
- 3+ years of experience in a management role
- Experience in developing budgets and forecasts and other financial planning responsibilities, preferably in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with close cooperation with financial institutions
We would find it valuable, but it’s not essential that you also have:
- Experience in companies with 50+ employees and fast-growing organizations
- Experience in companies that operate on the international market
- Background of working in a multi-entity, multi-currency environment
Skills and mindset:
We are looking for an experienced finance and accounting professional with high integrity and performance standards, who has a passion for learning and continuous improvement.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities with great attention to details
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of employees, management, executives, and external partners
- Strong organizational skills, ability to balance between shifting deadlines and priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills in the English language
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
What can you expect at Lemax?
- As a Head of Finance & Accounting at Lemax, you will be a member of the core management team reporting directly to the CEO, and thereby have the opportunity to participate in all company-level decisions
- We are a rapidly growing organization with the ambition of becoming a global market leader in our industry, as there is enormous demand and a very small number of competitors. So the focus of our Finance & Accounting dpt. isn’t just on operative accounting tasks to keep the business going, but also in implementing the necessary financial mechanisms to support our global expansion. And as a Head of Finance & Accounting, you will have a key role in shaping the business policy of our company regarding all financial and accounting matters and implement financial control at the company level
- You will lead a team of two accounting professionals who will be in charge of most accounting operations
- A lot of our processes in accounting and financial planning&reporting are digitalized and standardized. However, with our continuously growing demands, there are plenty of opportunities to introduce and shape new processes and standards of work
- Due to our fast growth and global expansion, you and your team will be encouraged and expected to continuously develop your knowledge and skills in your field of expertise
How to join us?
If you want to join our team, please send us your CV (Apply for this job button below). We’ll be happy to get in touch!