We’re looking for an independent System engineer in the Infrastructure and Operations team, responsible for designing, building, and maintaining infrastructure necessary for developing and operating a complex SaaS product.
If you are a System engineer aspiring to make an impact in a very complex and enterprise-grade system, this might be an interesting opportunity for you.
Who are we?
We are Lemax, a team of 90+ ambitious experts building one cloud-based SaaS, B2B core solution for travel agencies and tour operators. Our team has already released some unique functionalities that none of our competitors have and we’ve got many ideas in store to take it to the next level.
Our ambition is to become the leading travel software on the global level in the next 5 years and digitally transform the travel industry. We have a clear strategy on how to advance our product to support that goal, and it includes an entire technological transformation:
- Rewriting a monolithic application developed in .NET and #C to make it more modular (microservices)
- Rewriting the code using the latest standards and best practices (migrating from .NET to .NET Core)
- Redesigning the UI
Check out these interviews with our tech leaders to get a better picture of what impact this will have on our Engineering team and their careers >>
1 – How to ‘upgrade’ an entire technology platform: Analysis, architecture and communication
2 – Scaling digital products is an expensive process if done too late or too early: When is the right time?
What are you going to do?
As a System Engineer at Lemax, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining infrastructure with an opportunity to make an impact in a very complex and enterprise-grade system! You will be:
- Designing and setting new highly available and geo-distributed systems
- Designing and implementing failover solutions, disaster recovery plans and business continuity plans
- Designing and implementing backup and restore solutions
- Designing and implementing load balancing and throttling solutions
- Disaster recovery testing
- Defining and implementing configuration management solutions
- Defining and implementing mail solutions
- Defining patch management process and implementing it
- Defining configuration management process and implementing it
- Designing and implementing alerting and notification tools and services
- Designing and implementing monitoring metrics
- Designing and implementing performance tracking and reporting mechanisms and procedures
- Defining and implementing authorization and authentication mechanisms on all used infrastructure components
- Designing systems to be compliant with prescribed security standards
- Defining and implementing intrusion detection system
- Simulating attacks on the systems to find exploitable weaknesses
- Investigating security breaches
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for an experienced System engineer who has the following skills and experiences:
- MS Windows operating system
- Relational databases (MS Sql Server, PostgreSQL)
- Computer networks
- Load balancing and API gateway solutions (pfSense, NGINX)
- Security standards, concepts, and intrusion detection systems (HTTPS, TLS, PCI DSS, AD, LDAP, ADFS, Suricata, Snort)
- Logging, monitoring and alerting systems (New Relic, Zabbix, Redgate, UptimeRobot, OpsGenie, Elastic stack, Graylog)
- Architecture design and knowledge of design and architecture patterns
- Backup policies and solutions (Veeam)
- Disaster recovery plans
- Infrastructure as Code (Ansible, Terraform)
- Linux operating system (CentOS/RedHat, Ubuntu)
- Public and private cloud providers (AWS, MS Azure)
- Web hosting solutions (Plesk)
- NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Versioning and CI/CD tools (TFS, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory)
- Message brokers (RabbitMQ)
- Configuration management solutions (Ansible, Terraform, Consul, Vault)
- Containers and orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, OpenShift)
- Tools for automatic software testing (Selenium, Ranorex, Appium)
- Coding skills in modern programming languages (C#, Java)
- Skills in scripting languages (Python, Bash, Ruby, PowerShell)
What can you expect at Lemax?
- You will be encouraged to invest in your professional development, attend conferences and meetups, and get certified
- It’s worthy of mention that our top management has a background in IT, so you can be sure that the main decision-makers will speak your language and understand the importance of your initiatives
- Perhaps you’d also be interested to hear that there are 30+ professionals in our Engineering department and we are rapidly growing in size
- We have a really positive and casual work atmosphere and plenty of benefits & perks we don’t like to brag about because we realize they’re nice to have, but they won’t necessarily make you leave or stay. If we meet in person, we’ll tell you more about them. In the meantime, take a peek at >> Life at Lemax
If you’re at all worried about the impact of COVID-19 on our business, check our CEO’s blog post explaining exactly how bright is the future of tourism – and Lemax.
How to apply?
If you want to join our Engineering team and use your expertise to help us grow, please send us your CV via the submission form (Apply for this job button below). We will process your application as soon as it arrives. Otherwise, if you’re not sure or would like to learn more about your future life as a System Engineer at Lemax, feel free to send a message to our Infrastructure and Operations Lead firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Zagreb or Osijek.