Over 20 years ago one student had a vision on how to help his parents ease the administrative process of handling bookings. Today we are a team of 80+ people building a cloud-based SaaS solution with an ambition to become the leading travel software on the global level. Our goal is to inspire and guide travel companies through digital transformation by automating their processes and training their people to get the most out of our software.
About the position
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager who will in coordination with the Head of Product & Engineering focus on leading the team(s) and drive their success. This role would be responsible for driving high performance, developing talent, retention and engagement.
What will you do?
SCOPE AND STRATEGY
- Manage a team or several teams
- Participate in top-decision making, strategy and development of the department
- Assist Head of Product & Engineering and prepare reports or presentations for management, peers and the team(s)
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support to team members
- Mentor and motivate team(s) in order to support their achievement happiness
- Set team and individual goals and lead regular 1-on-1 meetings
- Continuous measure and monitor performance and efficiency
BUILDING A TEAM / RECRUITING
- Expand a top-class engineering team(s) and onboard new team members
- Act as a Lemax ambassador to attract talent (various employer branding activities – conferences, media appearances, social network activities)
- Collaborate with different departments and coordinate cross-team activities
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities
- Manage scope, changes, schedule, quality, risks, issues, and internal as well as external resources
- Oversee implementation progress and detect blind spots in team’s technical plans and execution and help in removing any roadblocks
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate is committed to taking challenges, willing to learn and must have a strong work ethic and great organizational skills.
We are looking for a manager with the following skillset and mindset:
- 3+ years of experience in team / department management
- Track record of delivering successful products in a leading position
- Track record of building high-performant team(s)
- Strong leadership, organizational, and project management skills
- Experience in recruiting, coaching and mentoring technology talent
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, as well as ability to influence credibly and effectively
- Flexible, self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- High degree of accuracy and willingness to work at a very detailed level while still being able to abstract ideas for communication to cross-functional teams and senior management
- Thorough understanding and execution of a wide variety project/program management approaches, techniques, and methods, including standard SDLC and PM methodologies (waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Ability to work independently, as well as a team player collaboratively with all parties and stakeholders
- Experience in working with teams in designing, building, delivering, and managing complex, large scale, cloud-based or on-premise SaaS solutions
- Technical skills in the team(s) domain
- Experience of being an Engineering Manager in a fast-paced environment
What can you expect at Lemax?
- You would be leading team(s) that creates core business software that digitalizes businesses of 120+ travel agencies and tour operators on all continents
- The market is huge, but there is still no market leader. Our goal is to position Lemax as the leading travel-tech solution on the global level and provide a superb customer experience.
- You will be highly involved in scaling the teams, (re)creating our Software Development processes and shaping the overall future of our Engineering department
- Lemax employees have quite a lot of space to make an impact, and not just in the work they do, but also on the organizational level. And basically everyone praises the work atmosphere, thanks to friendly people who are always willing to offer a helping hand.
- We have a really positive and casual work atmosphere and plenty of benefits & perks. If we meet in person, we’ll tell you more about them. In the meantime, take a peek at >> Life at Lemax
How to join our team?
If you want to join our team, please send us your CV (Apply for this job button below). Otherwise, if you’re not sure or would like to learn more about what it’s like to work at Lemax, feel free to send a LinkedIn message to our Head of Product & Engineering >> Domagoj Pažanin.
We’ll be happy to get in touch!