Lemax is a web-based SaaS solution for travel agencies and tour operators. With more than 35+ customers globally, we are leading the innovation and changing how travel companies do business by enabling them to focus more on their clients and partners. Our product is their core business solution and solves their core problems – so we see ourselves as their strategic partners.
Our vision is to digitalize the multi-day tour industry and impact the global market with our all-encompassing solution. Our mission is to enable tour operators to create, sell, and operate multi-day tours efficiently and ensure end-to-end integration with their suppliers and customers.
Our team consists of 100+ people in our offices in Zagreb and Osijek. Over the years, we have achieved growth with our resources, and we consciously invest in product quality, technology, people, and process improvement to enable the scaling we desire.
We seek a Head of Engineering to become an integral part of our core leadership team. As a key member, you will be pivotal in shaping our strategy, driving innovation, and leading our engineering teams. Our leadership team is dedicated to overseeing Lemax’s overall operations, driving our strategy, and guiding the development of both our product and team. If you are a visionary leader passionate about building world-class software products and teams, we want to hear from you!
- Define and execute the engineering strategy, ensuring alignment with company goals
- Financial oversight of the department
- Participate in the definition and execution of company strategic initiatives
- Engage in leadership team and contribute to company management actively
- Define and execute development standards (processes, methodology, quality) and drive successful development delivery
- Lead strategic direction through our dedicated team leaders
- Lead and manage a diverse team of 30+ software developers and engineers
- Mentor and develop team members, fostering a culture of continuous learning and growth
- Act as a leader for all team and process development, facilitating continuous organizational improvements
- Collaborate closely with Lemax peers, colleagues, and clients
What’s in it for you?
- You will play a pivotal role in guiding the success of our Engineering department as our Head of Engineering
- Chance to create, influence, change, and add value to Lemax business
- Working in a company focused on the development of a single product with product market fit and proven success in the global market
- Opportunity to contribute and grow within our core leadership team
- Direct collaboration with our CEO (founder)
- Working with a scalable SaaS product – which aims to become one of the leading solutions for the tourism industry globally
- Defined and organized teams with dedicated team leaders who have ownership over specific processes and people-related topics within their teams
- Overall leadership of a team of 30 people with a stable distribution of seniors, mid-level, and junior developers
- Team of professionals, but above all, good people
If you want to understand our team a bit more, here’s a good read we recommend:
Who are we looking for in Head of Engineering?
- 10+ years of working in the software industry, with a minimum of 5 years in a strategic leadership role
- A proven track record of building and scaling high-performing engineering teams
- Strong strategic thinking and the ability to influence at the executive level
- Strong drive, adaptability, and a relentless focus on delivering results
- Understanding of the software development process
- Proficiency in software development methodologies, tools, and technologies
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and a passion for delivering high-quality software
- Focus on development, improvement, and innovation
- Excellent leadership and communication abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- English language proficiency is required
- Global mindset – adapting to different cultures and appreciating diversities
- Willingness to occasionally travel and shift work hours to engage with clients from different time zones
If this description aligns with your professional aspirations and desire to elevate your career within such an environment, we invite you to apply and engage in further dialogue with us!
How to apply?
Please send us your CV via the submission form (Apply for this job button below). We will process your application as soon as it arrives.
Application deadline: Open until filled.