Lemax is a web-based SaaS solution for travel agencies and tour operators. With more than 35+ customers globally, we are leading the innovation and changing how travel companies do business by enabling them to focus more on their clients and partners. Our product is their core business solution and solves their core problems – so we see ourselves as their strategic partners.
Our vision is to digitalize the multi-day tour industry and impact the global market with our all-encompassing solution. Our mission is to enable tour operators to create, sell, and operate multi-day tours efficiently and ensure end-to-end integration with their suppliers and customers.
Our team consists of 100+ people in our offices in Zagreb and Osijek. Over the years, we have achieved growth with our resources, and we consciously invest in product quality, technology, people, and process improvement to enable the scaling we desire.
We seek an Infrastructure Team Lead to ensure Lemax software runs smoothly using server and network management. You will effectively direct the team toward innovation, growth, and compliance with industry standards. This is more than a job; it’s a chance to influence and shape Lemax’s future.
Drive the operations
- Act as the incident manager during high-impact incident resolution
- Manage and participate in a rotating on-call duty for infrastructure-related production incidents
- Oversee the setup, maintenance, backup, and optimization of production servers
- Monitor application and server performance in production environments
- Actively participate in operational work, providing support to the team in problem-solving and collaboration with other departments
- Manage the scope, changes, quality, risks, and issues of infrastructure projects
- Identify and address any roadblocks in the team’s technical plans and execution
Drive the team
- Manage a team responsible for building infrastructure to support the development and delivery of our SaaS solutions
- Facilitate the team’s professional goals, define clear growth paths for team members and continuously monitor team performance
- Lead the recruitment process for new team members and act as a Lemax ambassador to attract talent
Drive department development
- Participate in the development of annual operating plans and budgets by aligning team goals with company objectives
- Ensure the team focuses on high-value domain-specific work and leverages external expertise for non-domain-specific tasks
- Introduce improvements in infrastructure methodologies and processes, ensuring their proper execution
- Prepare reports for management
If you want to understand our team a bit more, here’s a good read we recommend:
Who are we looking for in Infrastructure Team Lead?
- 6+ years of experience as a System Engineer
- Bonus point for 1+ years of experience in leading a team, mentorship, leading a project
Skills and mindset:
- Setting up Hyper-V hosts, managing virtual switches, replication and failovers across subnets
- Maintaining highly available Windows-based environments
- Supporting a monolithic .NET application hosted on IIS in a way that ensures the highest reliability, stability, robustness and uptime.
- Managing networks for collocated production infrastructure
- Implementation and maintenance of server and application monitoring tools (ELK stack, Zabbix)
- Passionate about growing the team, leveling up team members and overall improving the way we work
- Possesses strong leadership and organizational skills and exhibits a business-oriented mindset, understanding and aligning the team’s work with the company’s goals
- Is ready to do hands-on work with the team and take turns in on-call duty
- Actively promotes collaboration with development and customer-facing teams to deliver the best for our client
- Bonus points if the candidate has any knowledge of:
- Implementing Microsoft recommended practices in Hyper-V
- Optimising the Hyper-V networking to deliver best performance
- Implementation of newest web server standards (e.g DNSSEC, HSTS, …)
- Experience with load balancing and SSL offloading
- Experience with automating infrastructure provisioning and common tasks
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Linux servers (e.g RHEL) for supporting infrastructure
- Implementing robust backup strategies with varying levels of requirements
What’s in it for you?
- Wide range of tasks to work on, encounter various aspects of the role, develop problem-solving skills, and improve your business mindset
- The opportunity to participate in a leadership skills development program
- Supportiveness from our team, good working atmosphere, competent colleagues
- Internal processes improvement projects, willingness to deal with problems head-on and invest in new ways of doing things and improving the way we work
- Benefits that we offer to the Lemax employees
- Skills & Knowledge Boost – boost your knowledge with conferences and various internal educational events (tech rally, retrospectives)
- Gamification Program – contribute beyond your daily tasks, go the extra mile, and win valuable prizes
- Hybrid Work Model – sliding working hours with the possibility of remote work, ten days per month
- 100% Covered Sick Leave – we’ve got you covered – receive full compensation for your sick leave period
- Exchangeable Public Holidays – public holidays can be exchanged for another day off within the same month
- Days off for Life Events – significant events, like your child’s first day of school, shouldn’t be missed
- New Mum Benefits – work part-time for a month after your maternity leave and receive a full salary
- Workspace Healthy Perks – standing desks, ergonomic chairs, fresh fruit, and more to keep you healthy
- Free Parking Spots – the most important thing in the morning is coffee and not looking for parking
If this description aligns with your professional aspirations and desire to elevate your career within such an environment, we invite you to apply as Infrastructure Team Lead and engage in further dialogue with us!
Find out more about the selection process at Lemax.
How to apply?
Please send us your CV via the submission form (Apply for this job button below). We will process your application as soon as it arrives.
Application deadline: Open until filled.