Are you tired of jumping from project to project, switching technologies and micro-customizations?
Instead, how about a chance to build one product from zero and make a long-lasting impact?
We are Lemax, a team of 90+ ambitious experts building one cloud-based SaaS, B2B core solution for travel agencies and tour operators. More than 120 travel companies around the world use our software to handle +5 million bookings per year.
We are looking for senior developers who are excited and driven by the intellectual challenge of building and scaling one product, creating in-house innovations and disrupting one of the fastest growing industries in the world.
Perhaps you’d be interested to hear that:
- Our goal is to become a global market leader in the travel industry by 2023. In order to achieve that goal, we started a 5-year-long project of technological transformation:
- rewriting a monolithic application developed in .NET and #C to make it more modular (microservices)
- rewriting the code using the latest standards and best practices (we’re killing legacy and migrating to .NET Core)
- redesigning the UI using Angular 7
- We are continuously growing our R&D department (currently counting 30 members)
- The majority of our R&D are mid and senior developers + 2 senior software architects and other tech experts & leaders with previous experience of building and scaling large enterprise applications
- Our management and CEO understand engineering issues and will speak your language as they have a background in software development
What are you going to do?
- Design and develop middleware and backend solutions using .NET and .NET Core 3 Framework
- Build modern UI using NativeScript and Angular 7 frameworks
- Design and optimize data relation models using MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL databases
- Participate in designing and implementing SOA architecture and service oriented components
- Build services over message queue systems like RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Build highly distributed architecture and migrate from On-Prem towards Cloud IaaS and PaaS
- Participate in designing and implementing build and deployment process containerization, primarily using Docker while switching to Kubernetes in the future
- Write unit tests
- Collaborate with the product team and create technical documentation from functional specifications
- Provide technical leadership to development team, and depending on your skills and preferences, mentor and supervise junior engineers
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for developers with the following skillset:
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- Ability to manage project technical implementation from a higher level and break down implementation into tasks to be assigned to software engineers
- Ability to provide an appropriate level of guidance to ensure engineering deliverables
- Willingness and ability to proactively suggest code improvements and assist team members
- Ability to provide input in the development of internal tools and processes to help increase team productivity
- Big-picture thinking and problem-solving skills
And these technical qualifications:
- Strong experience in .NET and .NET Core, particularly in C# in ASP.NET MVC is preferable. Alternatively, experience in Java Spring/EE stack is a valuable asset, too.
- Excellent knowledge of data modeling and working with RDBMS and NoSQL databases, particularly MS SQL Server, PostgresSQL and MongoDB
- Experience in building scalable and distributed systems based on SOA paradigm
- OO and functional paradigm thinking and problem solving
- Writing clean and concise code in a team environment
- Extra credit goes for experience with Angular, React, Vue.js or similar JS framework
What can you expect from us?
- A chance to develop your engineering career and tech skills in a highly challenging domain of SaaS product development
- Being part of a competent, fast growing and fast learning team in a casual atmosphere
- Technical leadership from engineering experts with 15+ years of experience in building and scaling large SaaS applications
- Senior developers can expect a monthly net compensation in the range of 14,000-17,000 HRK, or more, depending on the knowledge and experience level.
- Depending on your skills and preferences, there is a possibility to develop your leadership skills and advance into a team lead role – but this is not required. As we are expanding our R&D department, we will look for developers with an affinity to lead others and grow their potential.
- It’s worthy of mention that you will be working in a newly-opened office on the top floor. Think rooftop summer evening BBQs and drinks.
How to apply?
If you want to build and grow with us on this journey, please send us your CV via the submission form (Apply for this job button below). Location: Zagreb.