We are Lemax, a team of 80+ people building a web-based SaaS solution for travel agencies and tour operators. Our ambition is to become the leading travel software on the global level and transform the travel industry.
We’re looking for a software developer to guide our maintenance team in ensuring that our software runs smoothly. If you are aspiring to be a lead software developer, this is a great chance to go further in that career direction.
What are you going to do?
- As a Lead software developer, you will provide technical guidance and mentorship to the team
- Help the team to resolve bugs in a timely manner
- Have responsibility for the quality of the team’s technical output
- Have responsibility for technical onboarding and performance review of other team members
- Work on the more complex bugs and continuously improve the code base using .NET, ASP.NET and MSSQL
- Write unit tests
- Detect “problematic areas” within the software and pitch ideas for stabilizing the product
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a developer with the following skillset and mindset:
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development. Experience as a dev lead is desirable, but not mandatory
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to independently manage assigned tasks and to overview the team tasks
- Willingness to proactively suggest code improvements and assist team members
And these technical qualifications:
- You have experience in .NET, C# or Java (Spring, Hibernate), and object-oriented programming
- Experience in data modeling and working with relational databases like MS SQL Server
- It’s a bonus if you are familiar with ASP.NET
What can you expect at Lemax?
- We have offices in Zagreb and Osijek, with most of our colleagues in the Zagreb office on the top floor. When we ask them how they feel about Lemax, they often point out our willingness to deal with problems head-on and invest in new technologies and process improvements.
- Lemax employees have quite a lot of space to make an impact, and not just in the work they do, but also on the organizational level. And basically everyone praises the work atmosphere, thanks to friendly people who are always willing to offer a helping hand.
- You will be under technical leadership from engineering experts with 15+ years of experience in building and scaling large SaaS applications. This will boost your learning and your career >> check Ana‘s and Ivan‘s stories about their career growth at Lemax
- Our seniors are approachable and there are lots of opportunities to learn from them – mostly on the job, but also through initiatives like Tech rally and various internal meetups
- We have a really positive and casual work atmosphere and plenty of benefits & perks we don’t like to brag about because we realize they’re nice to have, but they won’t necessarily make you leave or stay. If we meet in person, we’ll tell you more about them. In the meantime, take a peek at >> Life at Lemax
- And last, but not least: as a lead software developer, you can expect a monthly net compensation in the range of 11,000-14,000 HRK, or more, depending on your knowledge and experience level.
Here is what our engineers say:
“I have a chance to work with amazing developers who are always striving to improve things and write code in the best possible way.“
“We’re not afraid to admit what is not working well and everyone is really loud about it – this is why things never stay wrong for long.”
“You’ll work in a very positive atmosphere where everyone is prepared to go above and beyond with helping others. Internal jokes, “Random” MS teams channel, sun-bathed terrace, casual Friday drinks, coffee, and freshly squeezed juice are just some of the everyday perks we love to enjoy.“
If you’re at all worried about the impact of COVID-19 on our business, check our CEO’s blog post explaining exactly how bright is the future of tourism – and Lemax.
How to join our team?
If you want to join our team, please send us your CV (Apply for this job button below). We’ll be happy to get in touch!
Location: Zagreb or Osijek.