Travel software implementation is a project that can have a lot of difficulties. One of the most insidious mistakes is when a project gets focused on the technology being implemented and not on the business (after all, the project affects people and their daily jobs). If a Software company you are interested in is not providing you with a service called „Implementation“, that usually means that the importance of change management is not fully understood and can be left out of the project all together. Implementator is actually needed as a bridge between you and the tech support team. He takes your business requirements and puts it together into what is understandable to the tech team.
Be responsible and avoid mistakes
When you buy a travel system, you need someone that is responsible for your project and taking care of your post-sale process. The implementation team is making your project happen! Without this service, your project has a high chance of failure. The implementation team needs to give you 100% quality service in every stage of the system integration and implementation in your travel company. Without the implementation team, you won’t be informed of any changes that are affecting your travel company, and the progress of the trainings and integrations will be slow.
The importance of having an Implementation manager
With your Implementation manager you will get:
• Project management – planning your whole implementation process, managing educations and modifications,
• Time management – monitoring deadlines,
• Change management – adapting your business process change into travel Software,
• Cycle Management – including key tasks, roles, responsibilities, key documents and decision options,
• Assistance for moving from the current reservation system – assist you use the best practices for moving from old reservation system and help you with data import,
• Support – help during your whole project.
Consequences of not having guidance
If the Software companies are not providing this service, these things could happen:
• You won’t be informed of any progress of this project,
• You won’t be able to have a person to ask questions, ask for help and support that is crucial,
• You won’t be able to track deadlines that are the key of sustainability management,
• You won’t be able to import the data from your old system,
• You won’t be able to properly prepare and train your employees to use the software to its full potential,
• There will be no improvements to the business,
• You will lose control over this project.
Your new travel software should work in a way that adds value to your travel business, meets the needs of the business, reduces costs, adds capabilities, and that is the key role of the implementation manager. On top of that, don’t you think that it’s easier for you to have a person that is leading and guiding you through this whole change? Yes, you should rely on your implementator! After all, you schedule is pretty much booked and time = money!